I just wanted to stop by quickly today and offer you a few tips to help you save on your energy bills this summer. Sometimes all it takes is a little fix to bring that bill way down. Here are seven things for you to consider:
1. Plug and fill any holes. Seal those window or door gaps with caulk or foam. If you have an external A/C unit, make sure that’s sealed tight as well. Fewer leaks will allow your HVAC system to run a lot more efficiently.
2. Close your shades. Sunlight heats your home when it doesn’t need to be, especially while you’re gone during the day.
3. Make sure your air filters are cleaned every 30 days. This will ensure that your air flow isn’t restricted in any way.
4. Program your thermostat. Getting a smart or programmable thermostat can save you a ton. Whenever you aren’t home, you can keep the home at more energy-efficient temps.
5. Unplug unused appliances. They still use energy even if you aren’t technically using them. Turn them off to save a bit of coin.
6. Switch out old light bulbs for new, energy-efficient ones. They don’t use as much energy or put off as much heat.
7. Look at the Energy Star ratings of your new appliances before you buy them. This can save you a lot of money over time.
These are just a few of our tips for lowering those bills and making the summer a bit more affordable for you. If you have any questions in the meantime, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.